Saturday, June 25, 2011

One good turn deserves another

As promised, here are a few of the items that I have created over the last few months.   I have given quite a few away and also turned some items to order.


I really like the grains in the different woods.   Some woods are more difficult to turn than others and I find that I learn something new each time I attempt a new article.



I started turning pens and branched out to other areas as I became more confident.   I still like turning pens and am attempting to have a collection of each type of wood that I come across.

When we get back from our next trip, I want to have a go at creating jewelery boxes.   Here are a few close ups of some of my turned boxes.

 
Australian Prickley Pear

Olive




And my first attempt to carve....


The Boot

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment