Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day Fifteen........

Eileen wanted to do some washing and clean the home today, so I took the opportunity to have a little fossick along the Retreat River and quickly discovered that I was no where near prepared and after a couple of hours panning with no result, I decided that it was a mugs game and taking in the scenery was a better option.  Here are a few of the visions that I came across.

I had a chat with these fellows and learnt quite a bit about how to look for sapphires and upon reflection realised that I came totally unprepared.....



Will know better next time, and Eileen and I agree that there will be a next time and a little longer than 5 nights.


This is a Sulphurcrested Cockatoo, quite a big bird and they congregate in large groups and make the most apalling screaching cry.

I believe that they can render a fair bit of havoc with those strong beaks.


This old gum tree is struggling to survive the recent floods which have washed away a considerable part of the river bank and left the tree in the river.
I learnt that prospecting around fallen trees and submerged roots is a good place to fine Sapphires and Zircons


No comments:

Post a Comment